1. How long has Hangar 247 been in business?
Hangar 247 has been around since May 2017 although it is not a new business. Most people worldwide will know the business under the brand of its parent company Southern Aircraft Sales Ltd that was established nearly 20 years ago. www.southernaircraftsales.com
2. Where is Hangar 247 located?
We have offices in Warkworth, New Zealand and Melbourne, Australia. To ensure that Hangar 247 provides maximum bandwidth speed to all customers worldwide, our online servers are based in the USA.
3. What is the main point of difference with Hangar 247?
Whilst it is easy to find up to 30 different classified aviation websites online, there are actually only five worldwide that have any reasonable quantity/mix of listings and viewer following. With these five however, their market penetration is still only biased towards one continental region or another - for example; North America or Europe.
4. Are Hangar 247 aircraft brokers?
Whilst our business foundations originated in the aircraft brokering business commencing in 1999, specifically Hangar 247 is a classified advertising platform that connects aircraft and helicopter buyers and sellers direct.
1. Will I get good support - Hangar 247 are on the other side of the world to me?
It is 2018. Running an online business in this day and age ensures it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever if you are based on our local airfield, or you are on the other side of the world. All customers receive the same level of customer service and responsiveness.
2. Can I contact Hangar 247 at anytime?
Yes anytime. As we are servicing customers worldwide our office is manned 18 hours per day, 364 days a year.
3. What is the best means to contact Hangar 247?
Owing to the number of customer enquiries we field, the most effective way to contact us is via email@example.com
4. How long do you take to respond to general advertising enquiries?
Most enquiries are normally responded to within 30 minutes. Worst case it can take a little longer if our customer demand is high. The response time for changes made to existing adverts by the user are effective immediately.
5. Can I contact Hangar 247 about an aircraft I am interested in about?
You should always make your enquiry direct with the seller/broker/dealer via the 'contact the seller' link displayed on each listing.
1. Can I load my own advert?
Yes, as long as you have registered as a Hangar 247 user. Registration is quick and easy and there is no approval delay.
2. How quickly before the advert appears live?
Immediately once they checked/moderated by Hangar 247. Checking adverts will normally be completed within 15 minutes of them being loaded.
3. Can I change or update the advert myself?
Yes, at any time and as often as you require. There is no delay for any changes to appear.
4. Can I hide the aircraft tail and serial numbers from listings?
Yes, just click this option when loading the listing information and these details will not appear. You will also need to load the photos with the tail number blanked out.
For all listings that require the tail/serial numbers to remain confidential - we still require this information to be able to place a listing - this ID remains a critical function to ensure that any aircraft or helicopter can only be listed once.
5. Explain what do you mean by checking/moderating all adverts?
Moderation just means that our team reviews every advert placed on Hangar 247 and makes adjustments where necessary. This process ensures that all advert content is consistent, accurate, relevant and that there is no duplication or omission of information so that our adverts/listings are of the highest quality.
1. What are the costs to advertise on Hangar 247?
Please refer to the separate PRICING SCHEDULE section
2. How do I pay?
Pay online via your credit card that will ensure your advert can be up and running immediately. Refer to the separate ONLINE PAYMENTS section.
You can still pay by direct credit although this can often incur bank transfer fees and delays.
3. Is there a discount for placing more than one advert?
Yes refer to our separate PRICING SCHEDULE for discount entitlements on multiple adverts.
4. Do you have commercial broker/dealer packages?
Yes we have specific packages tailored for commercial brokers/dealers who consistently run high numbers of listings. Please enquire to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. How do I make payment online?
Pay online via your credit card. Hangar 247 accepts all cards including VISA/Mastercard/Amex/Diners.
2. Are my credit card details secure on Hangar 247?
Yes. All our online payments are facilitated through global online payments facilitator PayPal. Hangar 247 do not retain any customer credit card details.
3. I suspect that an advert is suspicious and maybe a scam.
Please report any suspicious adverts to us immediately email@example.com
1. The seller will not return contact, despite repeated communications?
If you are experiencing zero response from a seller then please notify us and we will also make contact with the seller to find out why. Hangar 247 makes every effort to ensure that listings are suspended/removed where the seller remains unresponsive.
2. Can Hangar 247 enforce sale terms agreed but later reneged on, by either the buyer or seller?
No. Hangar 247 do not get directly involved at all in the negotiations/contractual/transactional detail between buyer and seller. Buyers and sellers always enter negotiations at their own risk and we strongly recommend that all parties read our separate advice under HELP FOR BUYERS & SELLERS.
1. Can you provide a valuation or recommendation on the asking price for a listing?
Yes, although this is provided independently on a paid consultancy basis through parent company Southern Aircraft Sales Ltd. refer to www.southernaircraftsales.com
Whilst this advice can be provided relatively quickly and inexpensively, Hangar 247 does not provide informal commentary from the side-line on market valuation or appropriate asking prices.
2. Can you provide a sales agreement?
Refer 1. Whilst we have robust S+P agreements available developed specifically for aviation sales, we do not get involved at all in the negotiations/contractual detail between buyer and seller.
3. Can you recommend someone to provide a pre-purchase engineers inspection?
Please refer to our HELP FOR BUYERS & SELLERS.